A “green” solution for protecting bikes

November 4, 2014—A direct idea for energy efficiency/innovation… there’s been a lot of discussion among students about building more bike racks. My bike was stolen last year from right behind Grotto’s because there wasn’t enough room on the...

Shared equipment authority needed on campus

November 4, 2014—We really need a shared equipment authority on campus. It is currently difficult to find out what equipment is available on campus and gain access to it. The university should have someone in charge of all shared equipment who oversees technicians...

Finding free parking almost impossible

November 2, 2014—I think parking is a huge problem on this campus. I understand we are in the middle of a city but finding free parking is almost impossible to come by. I think parking at and around the library should be free after 8 pm. This is plenty of time after...

UD headed for the Ivy League

October 31, 2014—I believe that UD will become one of the first choices for a lot of students. I do believe that UD has the potential to become an Ivy League Institution.

Outsourcing trend in higher ed is troublesome

October 31, 2014—An outsourcing trend is occurring at higher education institutions, which is troublesome. Howard University recently outsourced their custodial services and new employees will no longer have an educational benefit. The removal of this benefit weakens...

Remove tuition!

October 29, 2014—I have a serious suggestion to make in response to both Harker’s and Grasso’s call for ideas on how to attract students in a future more competitive market with decreasing enrollment base: REMOVE TUITION! Make the University of Delaware...

Three ideas for distinguishing UD and enabling undergrads to shine

October 27, 2014—Maintaining the status quo by making minor adjustments to our curriculum and delivery to preserve an experience that is indistinguishable from that offered at hundreds of other U.S. colleges and universities is insufficient and unworthy of a...